May 10, 2013 1 Comment
Welcome to Nige the Security Guy Blog.
The objective for this Blog is to bring together a virtual community of like-minded experts to discuss, debate and, share cyber security observations and practical best-practices from the trenches – towards improving infrastructure security to our mutual benefit.
Security done right is a business enabler that dramatically reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) providing a tangible Return on Security Investment (ROSI).
IT complexity and fragmentation replaced by an adaptive modular and flexible architecture enables agility and improves your competitive edge — so the business can refocus quickly as new opportunities emerge.
Security is a process, not just a product or technology issue.
The Blog will cover a diverse set of practical topics that seek to consolidate, integrate, organize, and automate infrastructure into a single security model and a holistic security management system. The planned topics are, as follows:
- Observations from a Penetration Tester (Ethical Hacker)
- Pre-Production and Periodic Security Validation Testing
- Remedation Strategy and Vulnerability Management
- How to Defend Against Advanced Persistent Threats (APT)
- Firewalls and Firewall Rule Lifecycle Management Best-Practices
- Tips and Tricks Towards Regulatory Compliance (HIPAA, PCI, ISO, …)
- Focusing on Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Adaptive Security Architecture, Architecture Lifecycle and Strategy
- Benchmark: Baseline – Snapshot – Scorecard – Roadmap – Refresh
Please feel free to contribute, suggest topics as well as – Ask NigeSecurityGuy. Together we can make this a useful resource of ideas, lessons learned and, advice.